The Maples, like many other B&Bs and Guest Houses, has been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this break, we have been updating our working practices following guidance provided by the World Health Organization, to reduce the risk to you whilst you stay at The Maples.
Here are the steps we are following to ensure we all keep safe:
- There is a hand sanitiser as you enter the house and in the entrance to the dining room.
- During check-in, we will ask you to confirm that neither you nor your party have been in contact with any possible COVID-19 cases. After you have left The Maples, please call us if you or any member of your party develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving The Maples.
- Keys will be sanitised prior to each guest’s arrival and placed in a personalised envelope. Please leave the keys on the hall desk when you check out.
- As advised, we will be following the standard social distancing guidelines and we request that you help us with this.
- All doorknobs and handrails in the hall and landing are cleaned with anti-bacterial cleaner twice a day.
- Please be advised that your bedroom will have been thoroughly cleaned and all surfaces sanitised prior to your arrival.
- Our bed linen is laundered in an external laundry, who follow guidance provided by The World Health Organization.
- We have temporarily removed our woollen blankets and cushions. If you require additional blankets on your bed, there are spare blankets in a zipped polythene bag either in the chest of drawers or above the hanging wardrobe.
- To ensure safe distancing in the dining room, we have reduced the number of tables available and we are staggering breakfast times; we will discuss this on check-in. This is to ensure that everyone can enjoy their breakfast whilst keeping a safe distance.
- We are asking guests to choose what they would like for breakfast the night before by completing the pre-ordered menu and leaving this on the hall desk.
- We have temporarily removed the breakfast buffet; rest assured that all items that would normally have been on the buffet can be served directly to your table.
- The dining room tables will be cleaned with anti-bacterial cleaner before guests are welcomed into breakfast. All cutlery, crockery, glasses and sauces will be delivered to your table during the breakfast service.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our home and we hope that the measures we have put in place will give you peace of mind whilst you enjoy your visit to Hythe.