The Maples, like many other B&Bs and Guest Houses, has been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this break, we have been updating our working practices following guidance provided by the World Health Organization, to reduce the risk to you whilst you stay at The Maples. Although we all need to keep a respectful distance that does not mean we cannot be sociable.
Here are the steps we are following to ensure we all keep safe:
Before you arrive
- As per the Government guidance we would ask if you have any of the common symptoms (fever, persistent new cough, loss of taste or smell) that you do not travel. We will happily rearrange your stay to another date with no penalty.
- Your agreement to follow all of our new temporary procedures will be kindly requested. A link to this document will be emailed prior to your stay and unless we hear from you we will assume that you are happy to continue with your booking under these new measures.
- Should you become ill during your stay with these symptoms, inline with Government advice, you will be asked to leave immediately in order to travel home to self isolate. It is imperative during your stay that a distance of 1-2 m is maintained between us and you in order to lower any risk of transmission.
- There is a hand sanitiser as you enter the house, on the hall desk and in the entrance to the dining room.
- As per government advice, please wear a facemask in public areas.
- During check-in, we will ask you to confirm that neither you nor your party have been in contact with any possible COVID-19 cases.
- Keys will be sanitised prior to each guest’s arrival and placed in a plastic envelope. Please leave the keys on the hall desk when you check out.
- As advised, we will be following the standard social distancing guidelines and we request that you help us with this.
- All doorknobs and handrails in the hall and landing are cleaned with anti-bacterial cleaner twice a day.
- Please be advised that your bedroom will have been thoroughly cleaned and all surfaces sanitised prior to your arrival.
- Our bed linen is laundered in an external laundry, who follow guidance provided by The World Health Organization.
- We have temporarily removed our woollen bed covers. If you require additional blankets on your bed, there are spare blankets in a zipped polythene bag either in the chest of drawers or above the hanging wardrobe.
- We regret that we cannot clean or refresh your room daily but please leave dirty cups on the tray outside Room 7 for us to change. We are really sorry that we need to follow the stringent government policy but please contact us on your room WhatsApp group if there is anything you need
- To ensure safe distancing in the dining room, we have reduced the number of tables available and we are staggering breakfast times; we will discuss this on check-in. This is to ensure that everyone can enjoy their breakfast whilst keeping a safe distance.
- We are asking guests to choose what they would like for breakfast the night before by completing the pre-ordered menu form that we will send to you in your room WhatsApp group.
- We have temporarily removed the breakfast buffet; rest assured that all items that would normally have been on the buffet can be served directly to your table.
- The dining room tables will be cleaned with anti-bacterial cleaner before guests are welcomed into breakfast. All cutlery, crockery, glasses and sauces will be delivered to your table during the breakfast service.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our home and we hope that the measures we have put in place will give you peace of mind whilst you enjoy your visit to Hythe.